The Reserve at lake Keowee
is a spectacular living opportunity on the 30-mile shoreline of majestic Lake Keowee in Sunset, South Carolina. This secluded and unique community, set on 3,900 glorious acres in the breath-taking foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, offers scenery, amenities and an ambience that is beyond compare. But the true beauty of the community is the lifestyle! Developed by Greenwood Development Group in 2001, the picture-perfect setting of The Reserve on 18,500-acre Lake Keowee boasts a prime location. Conveniently split between the big cities of Atlanta and Charlotte, The Reserve is located 20 minutes north of Clemson and less than an hour from charming Greenville and Asheville. When it comes to enjoyment, The Reserve spared nothing on expense and creativity with $100M spent to date on its amenities. It all starts with the charm of the architecturally enticing Village Center on the shores of the lake itself. This beautiful gathering spot and heart of the community includes:
- The Village Center,including The Market, Post Office, multi-use Founders Hall, Pool Pavilion including two pools and Cabana Grill, 200-slip full-service Marina and Waterfront Park and Trail.
- A Par-72 Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course including a short game area, two practice putting greens and a double-ended driving range with mobile shade canopy.
- The Orchard House, a craftsman-style clubhouse with three terraced event lawns and croquet court, is the focal point for dining, golf and special events.
- The Tennis and Fitness Center includes four lighted outdoor Har-Tru clay courts, Nautilus fitness equipment, aerobic area and locker rooms.
- The Guest House offers onsite lodging for property owners and their guests with six suites in a charming setting.
- Turkey Ridge Park features a large grassy sports field, horseshoe pits, half-court basketball, soccer goals, volleyball, badminton, pickleball court and playground. The pavilion includes an outdoor stone fireplace, grills and plenty of seating. The nearby Pet Park is fenced in with watering areas and benches for pet owners to enjoy watching their pets play.
- Over five miles of marked Hiking trails and 1,400 acres of greenspace throughout the property.
- The Community Foundation is a non-profit organization which sponsors cultural events within The Reserve such as concerts, plays, art festivals, golf tournaments and many other fund-raising events supporting local charities.
- The Legacy Membership allows Full and Premier members to extend their membership privileges beyond spouses and minor children. The program includes parents, adult children and grandchildren.